Gulf Regional Planning Commission (GRPC) is the designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Mississippi Gulf Coast Urbanized Areas located in Biloxi, MS.
This position plans and performs transportation planning activities for the Agency. The work includes the management of technical and non-technical projects in support of the MPO’s Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) and the facilitation of public involvement activities.
- Assists in developing and carrying out the overall 3-C Metropolitan Transportation Planning Process.
- Leads transportation planning projects and special studies.
- Develops an understanding of transit operations and serves an advisory role to transit providers.
- Leads public engagement efforts.
- Conducts research and policy analysis.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data using a variety of computer software, including spreadsheets, geographic information systems (GIS), and graphics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Metropolitan Transportation Planning regulations, transportation planning processes, strategies, public policy, and legislation related to transportation planning.
- Knowledge of FTA and FHWA grant programs.
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling process.
- Ability to devise work programs and to schedule research and analysis activities.
- Ability to collect, compile and analyze diverse and complex data; and ability to present data in concise and clear analytical documents.
- Skill in operating computer programs using database, spreadsheet, geographic information systems, and graphic design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, Public Administration, Economics, Geography or other closely related field or;
- Two to four years of relevant transportation planning work experience or any equivalent combination of related training or experience.
The Gulf Regional Planning Commission (GRPC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org